St. Paul Catholic Newman Center
High School Confirmation 2023 - 2024
Confirmation “unites us more solidly to Christ. It completes our bond with the Church and gives us the special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith…” - Pope Francis
The Confirmation Program at St. Paul Catholic Newman Center is student centered with the goal to help young people make a choice to be lifelong Disciples of Jesus.
We believe that each child from the moment of conception is on a path to knowing and following Jesus.
We take delight in them and strive to help them find their God given gift to build of the Kingdom of God.
We strive to create an atmosphere of openness and acceptance, free of judgments so all may feel welcome to share and define their Catholic Christian life in the Church and the world.
We hope to open the eyes and ears of the students to the cries of the poor. As they are transformed by an attitude of service the Mission of Christ will become theirs and change the world bit by bit.
We understand that our young people live in a very busy world connected to everything and everyone but often feel disconnected for this reason we provide a retreat for both first and second years. The retreat is a major part of the Confirmation experience and we ask that it be attended each year. If it is impossible to attend please have your child talk to Sister Kathleen.
We see the young people as the future of the Catholic Church and we ask that you support them in their growth as members of the Church by weekly attendance at Mass.
Things to know before Registering:
- High School Confirmation is a 2 year process.
- The candidate needs to be 16 by the time their 2 years are completed.
- Registration Forms will be posted here on Tuesday, August 8, 2023 @ 9:00AM.
- The forms are to be filled out and submitted through the link below.
- Attached to your Registration Forms we will need a scanned copy of both your child’s Baptism and 1st Communion Certificates.
- Payment is to be done online as well and will complete your registration ($100).
- If you are not a Registered Member of St. Paul Catholic Newman Center Parish, we ask that you notify your Parish and ask them to send an email or letter to Sister Kathleen Drilling, SSND at firstname.lastname@example.org to acknowledge that it is acceptable to register in our program.
- When all of the above has been completed we will send a letter of welcome, schedule, instruction for all of the particulars for the initial meetings for parents.
The calendar will be sent through email after registration is completed. If you do not, please contact me to make sure I have your correct email address.
Classes are TWO Sundays a Month in the Mornings.
For further information please contact Sister Kathleen Drilling, SSND 559-436-3434 ext.104 email@example.com
Thanks for your patience with us as we try to make this a wonderful Grace filled year for your sons and daughters.
Peace and Blessings,
Sister Kathleen Drilling, SSND
1st Year HS Confirmation