What do we need to do to have our child baptized?
Prior to scheduling a time and date for Baptism, parents must
- must be Practicing Catholics (at least one). If not registered at the Newman Center, they must provide a letter from the pastor of their parish
- complete the baptism registration form
- provide a copy of their child's birth certificate
- pay the $50 registration fee
- participate in a baptism preparation class within the last four years and provide written proof of attendance - this class may be attended at any parish. Please contact the office if you would like to attend our baptism preparation class (the fee is $10 per person).
- You will receive a baptismal candle during the ceremony. If you prefer, you may bring a candle which you have purchased.
- Parents are encouraged to clothe their children in a white garment or a white baptismal stole for the ceremony.
- The customary donation for a baptism is $50 which should be presented at the time of registration.
- Any offering to the priest or deacon should be given directly to him at the baptism.
Baptisms will not be scheduled until you have met with our Office Manager. Please contact her at 436-3434 or email@example.com to schedule a meeting. All paperwork must be submitted at the time of your meeting.
These guidelines are designed to ensure that the Sacrament of Baptism is fully appreciated by the parents, godparents, and all who are participating in your celebration.