What do we need to do to have our child baptized?
Prior to scheduling a time and date for Baptism, parents must:
- be registered members of St. Paul Catholic Newman Center at least six months or provide a letter of permission from the pastor of the child's geographical church
- complete the baptism registration form
- provide a copy of the birth certificate
- pay the $50 registration fee
- participate in a baptism preparation class within the last four years and provide written proof of attendance - this class may attended at any parish
- You will receive a baptismal candle during the ceremony. If you prefer, you may bring a candle which you have purchased.
- Parents are encouraged to clothe their children in a white garment or a white baptismal stole for the ceremony.
- The customary donation for a baptism is $50 which should be presented at the time of registration.
- Any offering to the priest or deacon should be given directly to him at the baptism.
Please contact Jenna 436-3434 or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the baptism preparation class or if you have any questions.
These guidelines are designed to insure that the Sacrament of Baptism is fully appreciated by the parents, godparents, and all who are participating in your celebration. Please note: All required documentation must be received prior to the scheduling of baptism or your child’s baptism will be postponed.